Need an activity to keep your kids engaged as summer draws near. Tagxedo is a great site that lets students be creative while practicing describing and language skills. Here is a post I did previously talking about Tagxedo and its uses.
Some quick activities:
– Chose a picture form and have students describe it. Then import those words into the shape.
– To target pragmatics, have students state ’emotion’ words, acting them out as they say them. Then import those words into a shape.
– Build your student’s confidence. Have them choose a shape and then list words that describe themselves.
– Have students state synonym or antonym pairs, regular and irregular past tense verbs, etc. and write those word pairs into a shape.
– Since Mother’s Day is Sunday, have student’s list describing words about their mothers, print it out and send it home 🙂