25 Thoughts SLPs Have at 3AM
- It’s 3AM, why am I up?
- Maybe I should try and finish that IEP?
- I should go back to sleep.
15 minutes later
4. Why can’t I go back to sleep?!
5. I should reorganize my materials by season or skill or color!
6. I need to take more data.
7. That article said that movement helps kids make connections and focus, I’m totally going to work movement into my sessions.
8. My room is too small, I am demanding a bigger room tomorrow!
9. I already have stuff organized in it, my room is fine.
10. I wish I could wear jeans to work everyday.
11. I wish I could wear sweatpants to work.
12. How many progress reports do I have to write this time?
13. How am I going to write that many progress reports?
14. Maybe I should color code my files?
15. I wish I could wear pajamas to work.
16. If I have snack time when the kids do, I bet I could actually eat my lunch.
17. I hope my kids have fun in speech.
18. Are they having too much fun?
19. Should I go work on that IEP?
20. I need to finish laminating my new materials from TpT
21. I should have invented TpT.
22. Where did I see that blog article I wanted to read?
23. This year I am going to do more crafts!
24. I hate glitter.
25. I need to put wine on the grocery list.
Hope you’ve enjoyed my list of 25 Thoughts SLPs Have at 3AM! What pops into your head in the middle of the night? Let me know in the comments. 🙂
Well said, Maureen. You and I share a number of thoughts at 3:00 a.m. Was truly awake at 3:00ish this morning thinking about my therapy room, my students, and all of my hopes to help them make progress toward their objectives this year. Had to laugh when this was the first thing I saw in my Inbox upon coming to work early to get started this morning. Thanks so much!
I’m glad this brought chuckle to your day…and that it made it to your inbox and not the junk pile 😉
This made my morning!!! I totally have all of these thoughts at 3am!
Happy to hear I am not the only one!
Thanks, Lady! This made me smile.
Glad it could put a smile on your face 🙂
I love everything about this post!!! It makes me feel a little more “normal” and think that maybe my brain isn’t THAT crazy!
If you’re crazy then so am I 😉
I’m a 2:30 AM gal. This morning it was about testing a student. It’s an everyday occurrence!!! The life of an SLP!
Hahaha… so so true!!!
Nailed it! Lol!
Totally agree. It’s nice to know I am not alone. I guess by your standards I am a late riser…. got up at 4 am to work on progress notes and worked on them again until 10:30pm There must be a better way. Enjoy your posts.
Ha that extra hour sounds great! As a rule, I usually don’t bring work home to avoid the ‘temptation’ of working on it in the wee hours. 😉
Too funny….I laughed out loud, because this was just me the other night: “I’m going to be tired.” “Why am I not tired now?” “I’ve been tired since graduate school.” “Stop thinking about everything SLP.” “I wonder if I’m the only OCD like one.” “That’s silly no normal person would tolerate all the paperwork and scheduling demands.” “Yeah, right, it’s a really good thing I love being a SLP.” “What if I didn’t?” Shudder, shudder, PTSD flashes, thunder, lightning, darkness, lol…..”Oh no….don’t even go there.” “Remember that one FB person who posts everything beyond negative like actially hateful ?” “Was it Carrie?” “I don’t even know, but I’m picturing the face from the movie.” “The poor thing she was just crazy miserable.” “It’s so hard to even imagine.” “I’m tired now, that’s because it’s late, I’m so glad I love being a SLP.”
Ha. I’m glad I’m not the only one!
3:00 AM figured out how to fit 7 meetings in when Winter wonderland activities prevented me from having my teachers at my meetings.