Social Thinking has lots of great resources to help your students learn to be flexible thinkers in those tricky social situations. One of their newest products is the Thinkables/Unthinkables Double Deck!
This activity works best with 3-5 graders who have already had exposure to the Superflex Curriculum. It comes with a deck for Thinkables and a deck for Unthinkables. The Unthinkables deck comes with multiple copies of each of the 14 original Unthinkables, ya know, the classics.
The Thinkables deck comes with multiple copies of the Thinkables, plus some Superflex cards!
All the cards have the name and picture of the character plus a description of their power. These decks are super flexible ( <— see what I did there ) too!
Here are some ideas for ways to use them:
– Hand the student an Unthinkable card as a silent reminder that they may need to use a strategy at that moment.
– Play ‘Go Fish’ to review the characters.
– Play a ‘Guess Who’ type game. You or your students can describe the character on the card and the others have to guess who it is.
– Have the students match up the Unthinkable with correct Thinkable.
– Give a scenario and have the students guess which Unthinkable maybe invading your at that moment. Take it a step farther and have them tell you which Thinkable should be used.
You can get this activity for $20 by visiting the Social Thinking website. How would you use these cards?