Recently, a question was sent to me about how to get CEUs and stay up to date on information when you do not have access to conferences or can’t afford to travel to them. Last year a colleague in my district introduced me to SpeechPathology.com. This site is a great tool to stay up to date on information as well as continuing education, and you can do it all from your couch.
– It is online and accessible 24/7
– There are topics for just about every interest are you may have
– Courses can be text only, audio only, video, or live webinar
– You can complete the work at your own pace
– Once you complete your course, your CEUs can be immediately uploaded to ASHA ( if you choose that option )
– There is an article archive available
– No travel required
– It is $99 a year for unlimited courses
The price may be a pro to some people and a con to others. I put it in the Cons portion simply because it is not a free service. However, compared to the cost of a seminar or training program it is significantly cheaper and only needs to be paid once a year. I am not saying that you should only use these types of online resources to stay up to date on and get CEUs, but they are a great alternative when you can’t get to that conference you want. So if you are short on time or cannot travel across your state to attend your annual conference, think about stopping by SpeechPathology.com.
Also keep an eye out for webinars. They are advertised everywhere from the ASHA Leader to your state association newsletter or website.
Just an FYI: SpeechPathology.com did not request a mention or review. I was not compensated in anyway for this post.