I am so happy to helping Maureen, a.k.a. The Speech Bubble, with her blog as she prepares for her little baby! Expecting your first baby is such a special time filled with joy, happiness and a healthy case of nerves. As many of you already know, my first baby is preparing to go off to college. I too am filled with many of the same feelings as Maureen! I wish her all the best as she readies herself for this next big time in her life. Without further adieu, let’s talk about ASHA Connect 2016.
- A trip to Hell’s Kitchen for dinner: average food and yummy beer.
- Dinner at Barrio where the food was exquisite and the tequila even better! I am honored to report we earned the empty bottle of of Asombroso Tequila!
- Ray Covington Music Group: While I was at first, a little hesitant to go into the bar where this band was playing, I overcame my discomfort and am so glad I did. This man CAN SING!! Some of the best live music I have heard in a while and the dancing was a blast. I met new people and hopefully “increased my cognitive scores!”
- Meeting the ever creative and kind Shanda and Manda of Twin Speech Language and Literacy, LLC. We had become friends through blogging and meeting these two women in person was as awesome as I had expected. We are kindred spirits (live long and prosper).
- Each year I join my colleagues for the ASHA Foundation event. The event offers an opportunity to support the American Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation and enjoy an aspect of the host city, such as museums, restaurants, or tourist hotspots. In my humble opinion, this year’s event was the pièce de résistance. I should mention, I had fallen asleep and woke up with a start at 6:45, the exact time buses were loading. I RAN from my hotel, through the convention center and was the LAST person to board! PHEW! I am so glad I didn’t miss this experience (and I had gotten my run in)!
- The post ASHA Foundation Event Yeti meet-up. Carol, Christy, Gregg, Bridget, Shanda, and Manda my cheeks hurt from laughing and I reminisced on our fun all the way home, occasionally laughing out loud. Stay tuned for a Yeti update!
Hi Anne. I loved reading your post about ASHA Connect Minneapolis. It was great conference and I’m so glad that you got to try out some local restaurants and meet up with so many SLPs while you were there. The best part of the conference for me was meeting you! You are fun and beautiful and I’m honored to call such an intelligent and talented person a friend! Thanks so much for the mention in the post and for your creative blog and perfect speech materials. I love them all! 🙂 Manda