I love to read and I am always for new books to add to my list. Here are some great read for SLPs. Some of these I have read, some were recommendations.
1. Wonder A 4th grade glass that had a couple of my students read this book last year, so I decided to read it too. I loved it and it allowed us not only to have wonderful discussions but work on listening comprehension.
2. Look Me In The Eye Fun fact: a friend of mine group up next door to him!
3. Out With It A great story with perspective on stuttering.
4. Like Sound Through Water A touching story about APD.
5. Brains, Trains, and Video Games A great story about how Autism can impact a family; it’s not all bad.
6. Carly’s Voice LOVED THIS!
7. Me Talk Pretty One Day A good story and a witty author.
8. Freaks, Geeks, and Asperger’s Syndrome The author was in his teens when he wrote this so it offers a very interesting perspective.
9. The Reason I Jump I didn’t read this one but it came highly recommended.
10. Out of My Mind This is another book being read in some of the classrooms at my school. So far, I really like it.
Do you have any books to recommend?