It’s May and that means Better Speech and Hearing Month! To kick it off I thought I would share what being an SLP is to me. Sooo…
Being an SLP means…
- being creative and thinking outside the box.
- a lot of work. Planning, prepping, organizing, data…it all takes time.
- that you wear a lot of different hats.
- having fun.
- seeing the change you can help people achieve.
- you will have to do paperwork.
- that sometimes you need to fight for your students, clients, and patients to get them what they need.
- being flexible
- being part of team ( parent and SLP, hospital staff and SLP, school staff and SLP, etc. )
- getting messy. I have come home with glue, glitter, tissue paper, dirt, shaving cream, pudding, etc. on my clothes 🙂
- wearing clothes that are machine washable.
- having some hard days.
- having some absolutely amazing days.
- trying new things.
- that you never stop learning.
- that everyday is an adventure.
What does being an SLP mean to you?