Thanks for stopping by The Speech Bubble SLP. This whole ‘blogging thing’ started a few years ago for me. After seeing some other speech and teaching blogs out there I thought, ‘Hey, that looks like fun!‘. So I decided to dive right in! I had no idea that the ‘blogging thing’ I stumbled upon would become such an intense passion! I started The Speech Bubble SLP to share thoughts, ideas, and activities to help professionals find ways to help their clients/students express what is in each of their ‘ speech bubbles’ <– get it 😉 After all, everyone has the right to be heard! I want to remind SLPs why they love job or maybe find a way to love it again. I want to help you see how fun your job can be no matter what setting you’re in. I want to help you save time so you can focus on your students/clients. I want to help you destress and give you the tools to be the amazing professional that you are!
So what is this bloggy, TpT thing about for me? It actually took me a while to figure that out but I finally figured out how to put into words my purpose behind all of this. My mission is to create…
I want to help you love what you do or maybe find a way to love it again! I want to help you see that you can have fun no matter what setting you’re in. I want to help you save time so you can focus on your students/clients. I want to help you destress and give you the tools to be the most amazing professional that you are. Whether that be finding a post that inspired you or saved you from hours of googling or being able to download an activity that helped you support your student.
I like letting my creative side out and making materials for my students. My goals is to always share materials that are creative and easy for the SLP while being fun for the students! My speech room is in a constant state of organized chaos, but I like to think of it as a work in progress. I hope you find some helpful hints and resources here, as well as, a place that you can ask questions and get information. All I ask is that you follow my blog or facebook page so that I can share with you. If you have questions or comments please feel free to drop me a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts, too. I would LOVE to hear from you 🙂
A few random fun, facts about me:
* I have two dogs that are adorable. I use their names a lot for speech examples so keep an eye out
* My husband and I live a country-ish area a few hours outside of Chicago.
* I have a horrible sweet tooth! I love ice cream and Red Vines…but NOT Twizzlers!
* I am obsessed with Pinterest and am constantly working on some craft project. Although, I have way more Pinterest fails under my belt than I would like to admit.
* Etsy is an awesome and addicting site, I love it!
* I love to run and have completed several races, half-marathons, and 1 marathon!
My blog, The Speech Bubble SLP, is written for other SLPs and related professionals. I, Maureen Wilson, do not advise parents about the treatment of their child via the information/materials in this blog. I refer parents to www.asha.org to find a certified SLP in your area.
At times I may reference other blogs, websites, etc. This is not an endorsement and I accept no responsibility for the contents of other websites.
Maureen Wilson is the sole writer and editor of this blog. Thoughts and opinions expressed in this blog are hers. She has created this blog for her own personal use. It is created and managed in her personal time. The thoughts and opinions are hers, and they do not represent the thoughts or opinions of her employer.
Copyright: The contents of this blog belong to Maureen Wilson, unless otherwise stated. If you see a post you like or a download that you can’t wait to use, AWESOME! Please feel free to share a link or download the material for yourself but remember, credit is required. Commercial use of my products is not permitted. If your friends want a freebie to download too, great! Please send them the link so they can download it for themselves instead of printing multiple copies, it will go with the copyright laws and save trees 🙂 If you do not give credit back on links to posts or materials it is kind of like stealing, and that’s just not cool… so let’s all be cool!
Effective date: May 16, 2018
The Speech Bubble SLP (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the http://www.thespeechbubbleslp.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service is the http://www.thespeechbubbleslp.com website operated by The Speech Bubble SLP
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
The Speech Bubble SLP uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The Speech Bubble SLP may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
The Speech Bubble SLP will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to â€” and maintained on â€” computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
The Speech Bubble SLP may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Speech Bubble SLP
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. The Speech Bubble SLP aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where The Speech Bubble SLP relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com