Earth day is April 22! Not only do I have a freebie to share with you, but some activity ideas as well.
First, I have a FREEBIE foldable, Earth Day minibook for you in my TpT store. You can just print it off and get to work. Students can work on various goals as they tell you what they love about the Earth and how they can help the Earth.
- Kids can do different activities like sorting ( aka categorizing in the SLP world ) items into recyclable or non-recyclable piles.
- They can practice concepts like ‘in’, by putting the correct items ‘in’ the recycling bin.
- Students can work on their describing, by talking about the Earth and its many wonderful features.
- They can work on WH questions by listening to a story about the Earth and recycling ( yes, there are books about this, your librarian can help you out ) and answering questions about the book and why we should recycle.
- They can work ‘yes/no’ questions by taking a walk in the school and answering if the object can be recycled or not.
These are just a few ideas. What Earth Day activities do you have planned?